Effective Teams is our team effectiveness training.
Effective Teams is a 1 day course that will help your team achieve outstanding success. It achieves this through a process of self-assessment and teamwork. We use the McQuaig Self-Development Survey™ and lots of team activities. These tools give real insight and help build genuine empathy between team members.
Teams excel when they are able to understand the strengths of their members. The key is to build on those strengths. Individual members are valued for what they personally bring to the team. Individuals who are valued are naturally more engaged.
Engaged team members are:
- More productive and;
- Contribute to the overall success of the group.
An Effective Teams course will show your team where the strengths of its members lie. In turn, they will be able to build on those strengths. With a common language, conflict resolution should be easier and better team work can be achieved.
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”
– Henry Ford
- Understand the 7 key components of effective teams.
- Understand yourself and others in relation to personality styles and team functioning.
- Gain insight into your work-related strengths and developmental areas, and how they impact your relations with other team members.
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your team.
- Identify several key actions you will take to leverage your strengths.
- Manage your developmental areas back on the job.
What to expect:
In this team effectiveness training you will spend time learning about yourself. Your McQuaig Self-Development Survey™ will identify your natural strengths and limitations. Once you understand yourself you can start to learn about your team.
You will spend time in practical activities learning about your team members. You’ll discover what people love about them and what drives others crazy! You will also receive a full workbook to support your learning. A Certified Trainer will guide you through your course. After the course you will receive post-course email tips to keep key outcomes fresh.
Details and Costs:
|Course size||Maximum 20 participants|
|Price||£2000 + VAT (In-house only)|
Who should attend an Effective Teams course?
Our team effectiveness training is designed for teams that want to communicate better and build on their natural strengths.
Previous participants tell us they now understand why there is sometimes conflict within the team. They also tell us this team effectiveness training taught them why they and their colleagues approach things differently. Most importantly, they feel they now have the language to use to constructively raise concerns.
Team effectiveness training doesn’t focus on one or two individual stars. It focuses on the whole team. It is when the whole team is working successfully that the whole machine begins to work effectively.
“You don’t win with the best talent – you win with the players who are able to play well together.”
Why is Effective Teams different?
Effective Teams uses self-assessment to help teams recognise their natural strengths. It will also show areas to improve. We also highlight performance gaps, how to gauge the team’s effectiveness, and how to improve performance.
- Clear Sense of Direction.
- Talented Members.
- Clear and Enticing Responsibilities.
- Reasonable and Efficient Operating Procedures.
- Constructive Interpersonal Relationships.
- Active Reinforcement Systems.
- Constructive External Relationships.
This course focuses on and will help teams understand item number 5 above.
- Attitudes: Trust, Respect, Acceptance.
- Understanding: Self and Others’ Personalities.
- Skills: Listening, Sharing, Providing Feedback, etc.
The course is interactive, insightful and fun!
In House Courses
Our Effective Teams course is available in-house. You choose the date, location and time of your courses to suit your schedule.
We will send all materials and an accredited trainer saving you employee travel and accommodation expenses.
£2,000 + VAT